Monday, August 1, 2011

Music Monday - Play it Live, Play it Loud!

"There's nothing to compare to live music, there just isn't anything." - Gloria Gaynor


Happy Monday all! Today I wanted to feature one of my favorite things in the world: live music. I really love music of all genres and formats, but to me there's just not much that can compete with a good live version of a song. It's like the quote above, there's really just nothing that compares to it. 


Below is an eclectic sample of some of my favorite live songs. Check them out and make sure to turn up your speakers and feel like you're really there! And don't forget to tell us what your favorite live performances are!


Jessie J - Mama Knows Best
Her faces are crazy but this girl can sing!



Mumford and Sons - The Cave
Does anyone NOT like these guys? I love that the singer plays the guitar AND does the bass drum.


The Killers - Spaceman
This is from their show at Royal Albert Hall in London. It's available on DVD and the energy from the entire show is crazy! I NEED to see them live. And what an amazing venue. I would LOVE to go there one day. 



Jazon Mraz - Curbside Prophet
I have this album and it is sooo good. I love it when you can listen to an album all the way through.





No comments:

Post a Comment