Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Strawberries and Pancakes Oh My

Happy Hump Day! And what a better way to get over the hump than to try something new! I made healthy, good for you pancakes this morning for Byron and I for breakfast and Eli got a nibble too of course :) They were absolutely delish! So because they were so divine I decided I'd share it with ya'll!

First you start with a pre-made Whole Wheat Dry Pancake Mix.
This is the one I used, I purchased it from Fresh Market for about $4.

You'll also need to purchase some strawberries, orange juice (if you don't already stock it.) Quick tip: If you don't normally drink OJ then just buy a single bottle, since you will only need a little of it. And lastly, I used Organic Blue Agave Sweetener, you can usually pick it up at any market on the syrup or honey aisle. I also used some vanilla but it is optional.

So here we go! 
Wash and cut strawberries in to slices, I used about 8 strawberries for the two of us.

Put them in a bowl and add about 1 teaspoon of sugar (I actually used half a packet of Splenda) and about 2-3 tablespoons of OJ.

Stir it up and let it set while you make up the pancake mix.
Follow the instructions on the back of the mix box. I used the 6-8 pancake instructions it made 6 good sized ones.
Once all mixed accordingly, I added about 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
Stir it up and cook it on a griddle pan. 
Once cooked, plate the pancakes spoon on the strawberries. I added a little dust of powdered sugar for looks (and taste lol). Instead of using the typical maple syrup we opted for the Agave sweetener, add just a tad, the strawberries have enough juice and flavor that you won't need much else!

And viola', healthy, good for you delicious pancakes!

From start to finish these babies only took bout me about 20 mins to make, so you have no excuse to have a healthy amazing breakfast. Try it this weekend and let us know how you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment